Discover the Life-Changing Potential of This One Habit for Thriving in All Aspects of Your Life
We often hear about thriving, so let’s start by understanding what it means and why there is one life-changing habit that makes it possible.
Thriving refers to progressing toward or realizing a goal despite or because of circumstances. ‘thrive’ and ‘flourish’ are often used interchangeably and have similar meanings. Both words imply growth, success, and prosperity in various areas of life.
However, ‘thrive’ can also carry the connotation of overcoming challenges and adversity, while ‘flourish’ emphasizes a state of abundance and prosperity.
This article focuses on thriving and explores the one habit most responsible for making it happen. By cultivating this habit effectively, flourishing becomes a natural evolution.
In today’s fast-paced world, many of us find ourselves constantly chasing after health, success, happiness, and fulfillment. At 25 days into 2024, most strive to improve in these areas. We are navigating our circumstances from where we are to where we want to be.
However, we often overlook the life-changing habit most responsible for our health and performance: cultivating high vitality.
That one habit, comprised of various skills and routines, has the potential to impact all other habits positively and provides us with the necessary power to accomplish everything we set out to do this year.
Vitality, which refers to a state of being recharged, restored, and rejuvenated with life force energy, is the key to unlocking and living our true potential. It also allows us to achieve our full potential in a life that is now more naturally on purpose.
In this article, specifically, we will explore the importance of vitality, why most people are not accustomed to nurturing what truly gives them their power, and what you can do about it.”
Understanding the Power of Vitality:
Vitality is significant because it affects our health, performance, and happiness. It is the energy to feel more alive, motivated, and capable of taking on challenges.
High vitality means having a lot of vital energy, essentially the equivalent of charging our nervous system, cells, and blood, giving us the “power” to pursue our goals, engage in meaningful relationships, and enjoy life to the fullest.
Referred Life Force Energy gives us the enthusiasm and drive to live a balanced (meaning, taking care of getting all our needs met) and fulfilling life.
Without vitality, we may feel lethargic and unmotivated and may experience various health issues with no clear solution. However, the foundation of any solution is clear – we need to cultivate and increase our vitality to maintain a “healthy” lifestyle at a minimum, and if we’re playing bigger in the world, a healthy Performance Lifestyle or high-performing Lifestyle.
- Physically, vitality refers to having a strong and healthy body with high energy and stamina levels. It involves being recharged and restored, with optimal nutrition to keep the body’s “battery” in good working order and physical fitness to keep it efficient and engaging in activities without feeling tired easily.
- Mentally, vitality involves having a sharp and focused mind. It includes being mentally alert, having good cognitive abilities, and thinking clearly and critically. Vitality shows up mentally as a positive mindset, resilience, and the power to adapt to new situations.
- Emotionally, vitality shows up as having a positive and balanced emotional state. It involves managing and regulating one’s emotions effectively, having a sense of emotional well-being, and being able to experience and express a wide range of emotions healthily and constructively.
- Spiritually, vitality… well, IS your spirit!
Vitality enables us to:
- Have healthy relationships.
- Handle stress and adversity.
- Harness a sense of purpose and meaning in life.
High-level vitality gives you those capabilities and brings all of those benefits.
But there’s a neglected habit comprising multiple routines that can make it all a struggle or at least a wrestling match. It’s the one habit that can transform all other habits and enable you to thrive.
The Neglected Habit
It’s all about cultivating or “recapturing vitality.” Despite being the one habit we depend on most, it’s “revitalizing” and how it often gets overlooked in our busy lives.
Despite our efforts to live a healthy lifestyle, many of us still feel tired and worn out because we don’t prioritize the habits and routines that maintain high vitality.
Neglecting the cultivation of vitality comes with several consequences:
Physically, it can lead to a lack of energy, poor physical health, and increased vulnerability to illness. Mentally, neglecting vitality can result in decreased focus, concentration, and cognitive abilities. Emotionally, it can lead to lethargy, apathy, and a lack of motivation. Spiritually, it can leave you muscling through life lost in your head as you try to figure out what’s wrong.
The core message is that you want to avoid letting the busyness of daily life distract you from experiencing the true power of higher vitality, which must be proactively and systemically maintained.
The key idea is understanding how to “revitalize” for a more vibrant and fulfilling lifestyle. By embracing the neglected habit of vitality cultivation, we can unlock our true potential and experience its transformative impact in every area of our lives.
Is this life-changing habit simply a matter of getting more sleep?
No. While getting more sleep is the place to start, given that it makes up one-third of our lives, there is much more to cultivating vitality during your wakeful hours.
Sleep, nutrition, and fitness are often highlighted as the foundational elements of a “healthy” lifestyle but comprise less than 10% of an optimal or “performance” lifestyle.
Therefore, to truly maintain your health and performance for sustained high-performance life, it’s vital that all aspects of your lifestyle, which include the remaining 90% that enable you to function and perform at a high level, also be addressed because they will allow you to you manage your energy and if you get good at it, “like a pro.”
But you start with revitalizing and sleeping alone, which is often insufficient for most of us to restore to “high” energy levels and maintain high energy levels over an extended period in today’s fast-paced world. Due to the consistent stressors that most people face daily, which can lead to low-level tiredness, fatigue, and stress-related pain, that is especially true.
So, to promote healthy aging, high performance, and longevity, it is essential to supplement sleep with advanced rejuvenation and recovery technologies and techniques that accelerate energy recovery during wakeful hours and improve sleep quality to maintain high energy levels over an extended period.
Three Steps to Recapturing Your Vitality So You Can Thrive Starting with The One Life-Changing Habit.
- Prioritize Recuperation or “Regeneration”: Instead of recuperating around your wakeful hours, build your awake hours around consistent regenerative practices. This means ensuring you get enough sleep, rest, and recovery… to recharge and restore your energy and live at optimal energy levels.
- Join a recovery club: Accelerate your energy recovery by joining a recovery club. These clubs provide support, resources, and techniques to help you recover and rejuvenate more efficiently and effectively. It’s why I started Regenus Center.
- Optimize your lifestyle: To achieve even your most ambitious goals while maintaining vibrant health and peace of mind, you must have a healthy, Performance Lifestyle mindset and skillset; the skills, habits, and routines for both health and success dialed in so that you know what to do and why, how to do it and when, at the right level, intensity and consistency for you to achieve your goals without burning out or sacrificing your health for success.
That approach involves conscious choices; therefore (a bonus tip), you have to be awake!
Following these three steps can recapture your vitality and live a more energetic and fulfilling life.
Contact Performance Lifestyle® Coach John Allen Mollenhauer, Founder of Regents Center, to learn more about recapturing your vitality.