When people ask me about Performance Lifestyle and what it is, I often have a tricky time providing the answer. Not that I don’t have an answer, it’s just that I have many and the relevant answer depends on the person’s situation.
One of the greatest discoveries I found when leading the development of the Performance Lifestyle Formula, was this:
The very same set of lifestyle skills that will enable a person to get out of the downward energy trend and increase their energy, will enable someone to dramatically improve their health and get their weight under control, as well as achieve peak performance and the goals they have set, ultimately improving quality of life. The power is in how the skills are applied (tactics) – what skills you apply, how you do it and why.
For example: if a person is training for a transformation challenge or sporting goal, when you Activate and Strengthen Your Body in a Performance Lifestyle, your lifestyle would include more sport specific training than someone who has ambitious life or business goals and does not require fitness training at that level.
So here are a few way in which a Performance Lifestyle can apply in your life:
- It’s how you live a “healthy lifestyle” successfully – this is one of my most common answers because a healthy lifestyle has many definitions and is very subjective. Meaning, anything can be deemed “healthy” even if it’s not. For example; in a Performance Lifestyle we eat nutrient rich foods, and when you know what a nutrient rich food is, the guess work is taken out of it and you actually learn how to eat for health, which is a skill. We take the same “best practice” approach to each of the 12 fundamental skills you learn in the lifestyle, each of which enables you to function and perform better and live a healthy lifestyle, successfully.
- Get out of a downward energy trend and restore yourself – underlying almost all diseases of lifestyle (not genetic diseases, but those driven by choice and by the environments you subject yourself too), is overwhelm, exhaustion, fatigue, over stimulation, under recuperation, over consumption, under nourishment, over busy (over trained) limited physical inactivity, all of which give rise to the overweight condition and health complications and what we call “diseases of lifestyle”. In a Performance Lifestyle, staying out of this trend is top of mind.
- Get free of Performance Addiction – some people just can’t stop themselves, yet they are trying to live in balance, with vibrant health and peace of mind and they have anything but “peace of mind”. They have so many stories floating around in their head, most of which are unsupportive, that they can’t stop moving, doing, being better, striving, proving themselves etc. If they want to get free of performance addiction the answer is to get into a Performance Lifestyle.
- Overcome fat loss resistance and “metabolic syndrome” - how many times have you felt like you are doing it all, but just can’t get things to change, like your weight? The specific reason why is not also easy to identify, but the one thing is simple to clarify, there is some aspect of your lifestyle that is holding you back and causing problems. In a Performance Lifestyle you will learn how to overcome fat loss resistance by making a whole lifestyle change and that means taking steps back far enough so you can make changes at the needed level to move forward in a position of strength.
- Set a big goal (life, business, sport) and achieve it with the support of your lifestyle. The purpose of your lifestyle is to achieve your goals, and goal achievement requires performance; that’s why it’s called Performance Lifestyle. The whole idea of eating, thinking or living better is to achieve something greater and bigger than health itself. Health is your birthright, success isn’t!
- Prepare for a Personal Transformation or Fitness Challenge (coming next) – it’s one thing to live the healthiest lifestyle you can, it’s another to transform or challenge yourself in a highly regimented period in your life. This is a time period when you are following a proven training program or system that is planned and only lasts for a period of time. Your lifestyle then helps you maintain your results. If you want to prepare for a personal transformation or fitness challenge, then get into a Performance Lifestyle to get ready, and learn how to do it right!
- Get the most out of our life – how do get the most of your life without life getting less than the best from you? You must stay out of that downward energy trend which will do more to negatively affect your energy, attitude and outlook than anything else. You also need to align the structure of your life, your lifestyle and your goals so that you start “firing on all cylinders” so to speak. This is a tall order no doubt, but whether you know it or not, that’s what we are all striving for. Having a lifestyle that is sustainable; that works so well, it’s an amazing ride with the best quality of life possible each step of the way. If you want that, then Performance Lifestyle principles and practices to work for you.
Each lifestyle skill in a Performance Lifestyle is clear. You learn how to manage your energy including the quality of the food you eat and your activity levels so that you can challenge yourself and stay fit consistently in a Performance Lifestyle and achieve your goals. To do that, we need to develop a resilient mindset and skills set and that’s what you learn in Performance Lifestyle training and coaching like the LS 365 Training at The Lifestyle Coaching Center.