This past week, I was listening to our Pastor share a sequence of insights about Tuckman’s 4 Stages of Team Development that were downright revealing. In the context of taking “extreme ownership” of our lives, which is a concept I am quite familiar with; he was talking about commitment in our relationships.
It didn’t matter what kind of relationship— to your body, your life, your spouse, your work…
As the founder of a lifestyle company that is helping people bridge the wide gap that exists between living healthy and being a success with Performance Lifestyle training, I am always on the lookout for complementary ideas that are process oriented.
By that, I mean ideas that explain natural processes the can help people gauge the phase of development they are in.
Well, in making his point about commitment and why a commitment to anything can be challenging, our pastor introduced us to Tuckman’s 4 stages of team development model. It applies to a team and is experienced personally as you interact with others.
We’re going through these stages right now with the development of Performance Lifestyle Inc, internally in terms of manage and operations, and in working with customers and clients who are taking our new training, utilizing our coaching and consumables to optimize the way they live.
It’s our primary aim to help you live with optimal energy levels, health and performance—and finally getting free of the hidden lifestyle challenges, using the approach we’ve been developing for more than 20 years.
When I heard the stages I thought how complimentary they were for people going through The 3 Levels of Lifestyle Transformation.
Here are Tuckman’s 4 stages. How might these apply to your life?
- Forming— High dependence on leader for guidance and direction.
- Storming— Decisions don’t come easily within the group.
- Norming— Agreement, and consensus largely forms among the team,
- Performing— The team is more strategically aware; the team knows clearly why it is doing what it is doing.
Now think about how Tuckman’s four stages apply to you personally and professionally in your living proficiency (lifestyle) in how you work? Do you know what you’re doing, why you’re doing it and how, so you do it, which would be the performing stage?
Or, are you in a forming stage where you are following someone else, storming where you are struggling with something new like making a lifestyle change (up-leveling some aspect of how you live) or in the norming phase where you are not quite as quick on the uptake as you know you care capable of but you understand your situation well enough to arrive at a good decision?
Well, as I was listening I realized that as a company we are at the tail end of the forming stage, well into the storming stage and just starting to see like on the norming stage. Just so you know, and soon, our performing stage will arrive,
How will we know we’ve arrived,
- it’s when you as a customer or client will be able to come to www.PerformanceLifestyle.com, sign up for a low cost and high impact 30- day transformation training on some aspect of your lifestyle like learning how to Regenerate Your Life Force Energy, so you can uplevel your life, not once, not twice but up to 12 times in a year in essential ways.
- it’s when you ‘re really proficient at all the Performance Lifestyle skills, you know what to do, why you’re doing it and how, so you do it; so you have more energy than you’ve experienced for some time, healthier than you’ve ever been, and performing at a level that feels more like an out of body experience than you efforting things.
- it’s when you’re also able to access coaching when you need it on demand, as needed, from an even bigger team of coaches, based on the training you just got and you’re able to buy the lifestyle accessories like nutrition products, bedding, clothing, wearables and the like all from a community that you are part of.
We are glad to have you on the path with us and we look forward to serving you by helping you or the organization you work for, arrive at that performing stage. We are well on our way.
It’s a beautiful thing when you’re performing!